Shopping around for the lowest price is fine when you’re buying groceries or filling up your gas tank, but when it comes to auto repair in Raleigh, NC – or wherever you are – hopping around from one shop to the next can actually reduce the quality of your automotive experience. Much like building a relationship with your doctor or dentist, building a relationship with your local mechanic is much more beneficial than chasing the deal of the week!
Think about how often you rely on your car, truck, SUV, minivan or hybrid vehicle to get you from place to place. When your car breaks down, it certainly makes your day more difficult, doesn’t it? We can’t predict when our automobiles are going to suddenly be out of commission, but we can make the car repair process much faster and easier by knowing right away who to call.
Check out these other five benefits of building a relationship with your auto repair mechanic, and see how much easier getting your car fixed or serviced can be.
1) Getting faster repairs. Taking your car to the same automotive shop each time you need work done allows your mechanic to better know your vehicle’s history. They will know which parts have recently been replaced or worked on, and can use this information to diagnose your car trouble much quicker. A faster diagnosis means a faster repair, because many times the hardest thing about a car repair is determining what the issue is.
2) Saving money. The faster your mechanic can diagnose the problem, the less time they will have to spend on your vehicle, and the cheaper your bill will be!
3) Building trust. Having confidence in your repair shop is vital. Again, think about how much time you spend in your automobile, and then think about who is responsible for keeping that vehicle safe and reliable. The person who works on your car should essentially be someone you trust with your life!
4) Enjoying familiarity. It’s always nicer to walk into familiar environment rather than a new place where you don’t know what to expect. It makes your auto repair experience that much nicer when you know the process. Plus the more your mechanic gets to know you and your driving habits, the better recommendations they can give you about maintaining your car and keeping it driving smoothly.
5) Gaining a friend. Auto repair mechanics are friendly people just like you! We enjoy talking to you about your vehicle, the weather, the Wolfpack/Tar Heels/Blue Devils, or events in the Triangle area. It’s a lot nicer to be able to call up a friend to fix your car when it breaks downs or needs maintenance.
Do yourself a favor and find a quality auto repair shop in Raleigh that you trust, and start building a relationship. While you may think that you’re doing the right thing by always chasing the cheapest car repair or maintenance service, don’t forget that you get what you pay for. The overall value and experience should be taken into account! Building a good relationship with your auto mechanic is more beneficial to you and your vehicle in the long run.